Click a category to transfer to another section of the library. Scroll to see all categories.
- NUTS & NUT TREES
- Shagbark Hickory
- Shellbark Hickory
- Black Walnut
- Persian Walnut
- Nut Trees
- NNGA PUBLICATIONS
- NNGA Annual Report
- Annual Report Index
- The Nutshell
- TREES & TREE CARE
- Birches, Evergreens,
- Oaks, Bonsai, Forests,
- Conifers, Pruning
- USDA Yearbooks
- Small-scale Farming
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Cacti, Flowers,
- Shrubs, Training
- Plant Care, Diseases
- Home Landscaping,
- Winter Landscapes,
- Miniature Landscapes
- Indoor, Outdoor, Organic,
- Lawns, Techniques,
- Design, Weed Control
- Bee Culture, Peanut
- Processing Products,
- Green Houses
* Only members may borrow books.
- Order an Article
- Borrow a Book *
- Purchase an NNGA Publication
- Order Form
- Become a Member
- Membership Form
- Information Links
- Ask our Experts
- Off-Site Links
- Library Rules & Fees
- Home Page
- Articles -
The articles summarized below have appeared in an NNGA Annual report and are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 - 1974 which can lead you to other articles on Butternuts is available for purchase.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the order form.
- Butternut - Strategies for Managing a Threatened Tree
- by M.E. Ostry, et al., 5 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association - 1994
Ostry et al introduces the reader to the butternut and its devastation by the butternut canker
with information on managing infected trees.
- Selection and Preservation of Butternut, Juglans cinerea L.
- by D.F. Millikan, et al., 4 pp
81st Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association - 1990
Millikan et al discuss a number of butternut cultivars and their history.
- Current Status of the Butternut, Juglans cinerea L.
- by D.F. Millikan and S.J. Stefan, 3 pp
80th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association - 1989
Millikan and Stefan tell of the work currently underway to preserve germplasm of the
- Recent Observations on Butternuts in Missouri
- by D.F. Millikan, et al., 3 pp
77th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association - 1986
Millikan et al discuss various cultivars of the butternut.
- Books & Files -
- Butternut: Miscellaneous information
- Loose-leaf File, 11 pp
* Annual Reports and light publications of less than 100 pages.
Note the category number. It determines postage cost. (You must be or become a member to borrow a book.)